David Diers and his band are a love letter scrawled in lipstick on a Stratocaster: "I want to dance, I need to rock". Listen and hear the crunch of guitar from the 1970s as it gets baked into the world and funk drenched beats of 80s alt-pop and then is iced on top with hooks right out of electronic dance. David (vocals, guitar), Mike Becker (bass), Riley Sklar (drums), and Julia Canales (guitar, vocals) are hard at work on the rock-funk follow up to his genre bending chamber rock debut E.P. Heart of Steele and 2016's single, The Dead. Whether they are playing their hearts out on stage or fusing together diverse music elements in new alchemies, the goal is always the same: to find truth through words and music and to deliver that to their audience with love and energy.
Have a listen to the demos above, watch our videos and use the contact form below or email us at: daviddiersbooking @ gmail.com.
- Featured as a pop-up artist at Austin Music Foundation and Googles 2nd Street Soundcheck festival.
Performed with Sarah Pierce Band at Reckless Kelly's Softball Jam 2016 at the Dell Diamond
Performed with Sarah Pierce Band at SXSW 2016 at Saxon Pub Show Case
Monthly residency at Sweetwater, Austin.
Released Debut E.P. Heart of Steele
Has performed on stage with or been in bands with members of Breaking Benjamin, Loggins and Messina, Waylon Speed, Reckless Kelly and the Gina Chavez Band
Pigeons, original composition performed by UT Austin New Music Ensemble
- Studied guitar with Jay Umble, David Cullen, and Glen Rexach
- Studied composition with Pulitzer Prize winner Kevin Puts, Prix Lili Boulanger prize winner Donald Grantham.
- Studied Sitar and Tabla with Dr. Stephen Slawek, disciple of Ravi Shankar
- Learned Javanese Gamelan under Pak Rasito Purwopangrawit, West African Drums with Barak Schmoll, and Balinese Gamelan in London.
Downloadable Bios (3 ways)
Please use the contact form below for booking, promotion, or other inquiries such as download codes for releases for promotional use.